GREEN CLEANING TIPS
Check back periodically for updated Green Cleaning Tips from Green Maids Cleaning, LLC.
Clean Coffee Maker:
Did you know half the coffee makers in the United States have mold or yeast? Make sure you’re cleaning your coffee maker once per month to prevent this build up.
Here’s a great cleaning tip:
- Pour equal parts water and lemon juice in your coffee maker and run a cycle.
- Also you can use the juice you catch to clean the coffee pot.
Tile and grout cleaner:
- Mix equal parts vinegar and water into a spray bottle;
- Spray affected area with solution;
- Scrub with baking soda;
- Rinse with vinegar/water solution;
- Wipe clean with a microfiber cleaning cloth
Use vinegar to clean and sanitize your dishwasher:
To clean and disinfect your dishwasher, simply pour one cup of white vinegar in the bottom of your empty dishwasher and run a regular cycle making sure to use warm or hot water – a steam or sanitize cycle will work well too. Cleaning your dishwasher with vinegar will allow your machine to run better and last longer.
All Purpose Cleaner
- Collect your used lemons in a jar and cover them with white vinegar and secure the lid.
- Let the jar sit out on the counter for two weeks.
- Strain the lemons.
- Combine equal parts water and lemon vinegar in a spray bottle. Use as you would any other all-purpose cleaner.
- If you are unsure of a particular surface, test on a small area first.
More Green Cleaning Tips
Need a great green drain cleaner?
Pour 1/2 cup of baking soda in the problem drain followed by 1/2 cup of white vinegar. The reaction by combining the two will break up all the gunk!
Floor Cleaning Solution
Mixing 1 tablespoon of vinegar with 1 gallon of warm water makes a solution perfect for most floor cleaning jobs. What’s more, you don’t even have to rinse afterwards – it dries itself! – saving you both time and water!
Avoid bringing toxins into the house
Avoid bringing toxins into the house using a doormat. People don’t realize what we bring into the house after being outside – especially if you have kids and pets. A simple doormat helps to remove oil, animal waste and pollen from the soles of our shoes.
Help eliminate Odors
Help eliminate the smells on rugs and mattresses using baking soda. Sprinkle baking soda on the effected area, let it sit for about an hour and then vacuum it up.
Remove Mold & Mildew
Add a capful of vinegar into a spray bottle of water to remove mold and mildew. Avoid using bleach, which can be an irritant on your skin, eyes and affect the respiratory system.