Have you talked with the kids in your life about how they can also live a greener lifestyle? There are a lot of small things that kids can do to help make a positive impact on our environment and introducing these concepts early can create lifelong habits!
- Make sure they turn off lights when they’re leaving a room
- Have them turn off the water when they’re brushing their teeth
- Purchase reusable food baggies or containers for lunches rather than single use plastic baggies
- Hold a swap with friends – they can swap clothes, books, toys and more!
- Keep a pile of scrap paper (old bills, junk mail) for kids to doodle or color on
- Plant a vegetable garden with the seeds from vegetables
- Bring them to a refill store and teach them about reducing plastic use
There are so many fun things you can do with kids to teach them about living a greener life. What do you do in your home to promote being eco-conscious? Let us know on our Facebook page!