For the month of September, we’re challenging you to show us your green lifestyle! Try out one of our Green Tips below or share your Green Tips with us for a chance to win a $50 gift card to a local green company of your choice (think The Refill Station in Portsmouth or the Market & Cafe at Emery Farm in Durham).
Here’s how to participate in our september green challenge:
- Review our Green Tips below if you need ideas, or think of your own Green Tip that you’d like to share with us!
- Share a photo or video on Facebook or Instagram of the Green Tips in action in your household
- You’ll get one entry for each original post you make and tag us in between 12:01am on September 1st and 11:59pm on September 30th.
- On Monday, October 3rd we’ll randomly pull one winner to win a $50 gift card of their choice and announce the winner on our Facebook and Instagram channels
Help us promote green living across the Seacoast by sharing Green Tips with your friends and followers, and help us show how our community many people are people are committed to sustainable lifestyles!
Our Green Tips
- Re-think Single Use Water Bottles – BYO water bottle
- Use Wool Dryer Balls – it’s an eco-friendly choice
- Line Dry Your Clothes – save on your electric bill
- Limit Paper Towel Use – purchase reusable towels or use cotton towels instead
- Shop at Refill Stores – limit your product packaging by shopping at local refill stores
- Use a Rain Barrel – capture rain water to use in your gardens
- Leave Your Shoes at the Door – don’t bring outside germs and dirt into your home
- Promote Eco-Friendly Living with your Kids – get them started young
- Support Local Farmers’ Markets – so many great ones to choose from
Happy Green Living!