As pet owners, we want to make sure our home is clean and safe for our pets. And we also want to make sure it stay clean of pet hair and dander. That can be a challenge when many cleaning products contain harsh chemicals that can be harmful to pets. But don’t worry! We’ve compiled a list of pet-friendly cleaning products that will keep your home sparkling without putting your pet’s health at risk.
So, what makes a cleaning product pet-friendly? Generally speaking, it’s a product that’s free of harsh chemicals and toxins that could be harmful to your pet. Many pet-friendly cleaning products are also eco-friendly, which is an added bonus!
Here are some of our top picks for pet-friendly cleaning products:
- Eco Me Natural All-Purpose Cleaner: This cleaner is made with natural ingredients like lemon and eucalyptus, and it’s safe to use around pets.
- Puracy Natural All-Purpose Cleaner: Puracy’s cleaner is also made with natural ingredients, and it’s gentle enough to use on pet beds and toys.
- Seventh Generation Natural All-Purpose Cleaner: As the name suggests, this cleaner is made with natural ingredients and is free of harsh chemicals.
- Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner: This plant-based cleaner is made with lemon verbena and geranium, and it’s safe to use around pets.
You can also make your own, based on your needs!
- Warm water and vinegar is great for cleaning your floors (1/2 to 1 cup of white vinegar with 1 gallon of warm water)
- Baking soda, salt and water is great for spot cleaning (equal parts of each ingredient, you won’t need much)
- Water and lemon juice is great for cleaning glass (5 tablespoons of lemon juice to half gallon of water)
At the end of the day, stay away from cleaners that contain these ingredients, which are found in many common home cleaners:
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Formaldehyde (found in general household cleaners)
- Perchloroethylene (found in carpet and rug cleaners)
- Phenols (typically found in cleaners with “sol” in the name)
- Phthalates (used with scented products, like air fresheners)
Green Maids Cleaning always uses eco-friendly and pet-friendly cleaning products, so you never have to worry about that when you hire us. Read more green cleaning tips with 7 Tips to Keep Your Home Green and Clean.